Prof. Dr. Bettina Detmann
University of Duisburg-Essen
Faculty of Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering
Applications of continuum mechanics and thermodynamics in geosciences, especially
- multi-component systems with mass exchange (adsorption) and diffusion,
- acoustic and surface waves in poroelastic media,
- modeling and numerical analysis of wave propagation in partially saturated soils
- transport of pollutants in soils
- numerical investigation of the propagation of sound and vibrations
- mathematical investigation of the capillary pressure in soils including hysteresis
- chemical reactions in porous media
2005-2009: DFG project
"Modeling and numerical analysis of wave propagation in partially saturated soils"
2009-2013: Joint DFG project
of TU Berlin
and TU Hamburg-Harburg
"Propagation of sound and vibrations due to bankside shipping traffic"
2012-2015: Einstein Junior Fellow at TU Berlin
funded by the Einstein Foundation Berlin
Project: "Hysteresis effects and wave propagation in partially saturated porous media"
managed by the University of Stavanger
"Low-Frequency Hydrocarbon Indication in Reflection Seismic Data"